Humming and SU21 SP reeds
From the Suzuki Japan website (translated using Google translate) I have found that Suzuki sells replacement reed plates for the Humming and the SU 21 SP. In fact they are the same for both models. I have always thought the reed plates in those two models were the same and now I have confirmation. I think the combs are the same also. It seems the only difference is the covers and the cover screws and the case. Suzuki Japan sells the replacement reed plates for 2200 Yen which is just under $20. In Japan you can get SU 21 SP in all keys, but here in the States they only sell A and C. They sell more keys in the Humming but still not all. I suppose it's because the tremolo is not all that popular here so they only offer what they can sell enough of to make a profit.
(01-22-2017, 02:54 AM)Rex Wrote: From the Suzuki Japan website (translated using Google translate) I have found that Suzuki sells replacement reed plates for the Humming and the SU 21 SP. In fact they are the same for both models. I have always thought the reed plates in those two models were the same and now I have confirmation. I think the combs are the same also. It seems the only difference is the covers and the cover screws and the case. Suzuki Japan sells the replacement reed plates for 2200 Yen which is just under $20. In Japan you can get SU 21 SP in all keys, but here in the States they only sell A and C. They sell more keys in the Humming but still not all. I suppose it's because the tremolo is not all that popular here so they only offer what they can sell enough of to make a profit.

This is good to know Rex, and timely for my new/used Humming in G problem. I will go and search out that info now.

Rick

(01-22-2017, 02:54 AM)Rex Wrote: From the Suzuki Japan website (translated using Google translate) I have found that Suzuki sells replacement reed plates for the Humming and the SU 21 SP. In fact they are the same for both models. I have always thought the reed plates in those two models were the same and now I have confirmation. I think the combs are the same also. It seems the only difference is the covers and the cover screws and the case. Suzuki Japan sells the replacement reed plates for 2200 Yen which is just under $20. In Japan you can get SU 21 SP in all keys, but here in the States they only sell A and C. They sell more keys in the Humming but still not all. I suppose it's because the tremolo is not all that popular here so they only offer what they can sell enough of to make a profit.
I've found this Japanese link for Suzuki harmonicas:

https://www.suzuki-music.co.jp/store/?se..._harmonica

Is this what you're referring to?

Rick
Hi Rick. That is part of the Suzuki Site. If you have Chrome you can translate the pages yourself and navigate the web site. I don't know how you would order reed plates from Japan or how much shipping and taxes would add.

Website Security Test