Seydel Sailor in D
Almost a year ago I got a Seydel Sailor Steel Reed tremolo in G. It has been a fine harp and has held up well and stayed in tune. Recently I got another Sailor Steel Reed, this time in D. This is the highest pitched tremolo that I have. Like the G, this D came tuned perfectly. Both of these were purchased from Greg Jones at 1623 Harmonicas. He is a Seydel dealer and can also handle repairs and custom work. I like the low D Suzuki for some tunes but I like this Seydel better for other tunes. They both are useful. The higher pitched Seydel D is better for fast Irish music and fiddle tunes and can cut through in a jam session. The low D is mellow and blends in with a guitar for staying in the background. Some fiddle tunes and Irish music are in A Mixolydian which is usually played on a D harp in second position so I needed this harp for tunes like that (Red Haired Boy is an example of a tune played in A mix very often.) Here are a couple tunes played on the D that make use of the middle octave and also the chords found on the low end (the Steel Reed Sailor is Richter tuned).

Here is another tune on the Sailor in D. Really like this harp even though it is higher in pitch than I was used to playing. Still I like to play on the lower end or middle of this harp and rarely use the high end.
https://soundcloud.com/tremolo-rex/gentle-woman
Hello, Rex.

We always enjoy your great posts, and
your great playing.

Your style on the tremolos sounds very
Appalachian, or Arcadian (Cajun), or
French Canadian. Warm, and folksy.

I finally got to hear excellent playing
with a steel reed harmonica. The tone
of the steel reeds is nice, but I prefer
the tone of brass or phosphor bronze reeds.

Best Regards

John Broecker
(02-09-2017, 07:26 AM)john_broecker Wrote: Hello, Rex.

We always enjoy your great posts, and
your great playing.  

Your style on the tremolos sounds very
Appalachian, or Arcadian (Cajun), or
French Canadian. Warm, and folksy.

I finally got to hear excellent playing
with a steel reed harmonica. The tone
of the steel reeds is nice, but I prefer
the tone of brass or phosphor bronze reeds.

Best Regards

John Broecker

Good to hear from you, John. Your comments are always thoughtful and appreciated.

Website Security Test