Hymns with chords.
This is a list of some hymns that can be played on the tremolo harmonica using chords and/or vamping. * means the tune should be played on an Asian note arrangement harmonica because of the missing notes on a Richter arrangement. All other tunes can be played on either Richter or Asian systems. Sometimes the chords sound better on the Richter or you can play partial chords on the Asian. Some of the tunes marked * can be played on a Richter if you move the tune up an octave, but the chords usually don't sound as nice moved into the higher register. The tunes that work on a Richter tremolo should also work on a Richter 10 hole diatonic. First position is assumed if you want to add chords to the melody on a tremolo.

Amazing Grace*
Fairest Lord Jesus (aka Beautiful Savior)
Footsteps of Jesus
How Great Thou Art
Hyfrydol (Come Thou Long Expected Jesus, Jesus What a Friend for Sinners, etc.)
Farther Along*
Grace Greater Than Our Sins
I Am Thine O Lord (Draw Me Nearer)*
I Am Bound For The Promise Land (On Jordan's Stormy Banks)
Jesus Is All The World To Me*
Jerusalem My Happy Home*
Jesus Shall Reign Where Ever The Sun
Just As I Am
Lord, You Have Come To The Seashore
O How I Love Jesus
Shall We Gather At The River
Sweet Hour Of Prayer
Simple Gifts
This Is My Father's World (Terra Patris)
Love Lifted Me
(08-22-2016, 05:53 PM)Rex Wrote: This is a list of some hymns that can be played on the tremolo harmonica using chords and/or vamping. * means the tune should be played on an Asian note arrangement harmonica because of the missing notes on a Richter arrangement. All other tunes can be played on either Richter or Asian systems. Sometimes the chords sound better on the Richter or you can play partial chords on the Asian. Some of the tunes marked * can be played on a Richter if you move the tune up an octave, but the chords usually don't sound as nice moved into the higher register. The tunes that work on a Richter tremolo should also work on a Richter 10 hole diatonic. First position is assumed if you want to add chords to the melody on a tremolo.

Amazing Grace*
Fairest Lord Jesus (aka Beautiful Savior)
Footsteps of Jesus
How Great Thou Art
Hyfrydol (Come Thou Long Expected Jesus, Jesus What a Friend for Sinners, etc.)
Farther Along*
Grace Greater Than Our Sins
I Am Thine O Lord (Draw Me Nearer)*
I Am Bound For The Promise Land (On Jordan's Stormy Banks)
Jesus Is All The World To Me*
Jerusalem My Happy Home*
Jesus Shall Reign Where Ever The Sun
Just As I Am
Lord, You Have Come To The Seashore
O How I Love Jesus
Shall We Gather At The River
Sweet Hour Of Prayer
Simple Gifts
This Is My Father's World (Terra Patris)

A few more:

Oh When The Saints Go Marching In
Good, Good News
Power in the Blood
---
Jonathan E. Brickman
Music of compassion; fire, and life!
jeb@ponderworthy.com
http://ponderworthy.com

Website Security Test