Jst a Prayer Away
Well I have tabbed this song for my Humming Tremlo Key of G. Not sure how it goes on other tremolos as they often differ in note layout.
I have given up trying to indicate which octave to play in by numbering each 1 to 7. A player must know when seeing the numbers 1 t0 8 its at low end and 15 to 19 must be the high end and the middle must be 9 to 13.
To try and show some melody I have put dots. 2 for a half note and 4 for a whole note.  I have used the commonly used minus to indicate a draw note and the / for a pause //longer pause ///end of song. I later have to figure how to indicate the quicker notes, the eighths .  Well here goes to transfer: So I lined the lyric with the numper, but it didn't print that way. More experimenting!!!

JUST A PRAYER AWAY
  8..      6  -5.. -11.. 10..  -9       8....   -7   8     -9  -7    6..  -11.. 10..../
There's a hap-    py land some where   and it's   just a prayer   a-way
8..  6         -5..     -11..    10..    -9   8....  -7   8     -9  -7   6..   -9.. 8..../    
All I"ve dreamed    and planned   is there and it's    just a prayer a-way
   10   -11   12..   12..   12..  10  8     -11.. -11..  -11..
Where the skies   look down   on  a     friend -ly     town
  10     -9     10..   10..  10..   -9   8  -9...../
Filled with laugh--ing     chil--dren at play
 10    -11    12..  12..  12.. 10  8   -13..  -13..  -13..
Where my heart will     sing for it means   one thing
12  -11  10..  10   10   12..  -11  10  -9..../
I'll   be home   at   the close    of each day.
  8..    6  -5..  -11..  10..  -9       8....   -7    8     -9  -7     6..   -9.. 8....///
There's a hap--py   land  some where and   it's   just  a prayer   a--way.
Hello, Dezzy.

Congratulations on doing your tabbed arrangement. It must have taken a lot of time.

Here's the rhythm tabs system (note & rest durations) used by Cham-Ber Huang
and other Chinese tabulators:

For notes and rests smaller than 1 count (one foot tap) in 4/4:

8th notes (2 per foot tap-say, "fas-ter"): one line under the hole numbers;
16th notes (4 per foot tap-say, "Mis-si-sip-pi"): two lines under the hole numbers;
32nd notes (8 per foot tap, "be-de-be-de-be-de-be-de"): three lines under the hole numbers.

Best Regards

John Broecker
Hi John
how you implement this in tablature can you give me exemple
let me say this I'm not familiar with this hymn so I wudnt know how to play this
I like very much play along books I have audio and tablature this gives me idea how to play song I can use tabs on popular songs and hymns like Amazing Grace
(02-07-2015, 01:42 PM)john_broecker Wrote: Hello, Dezzy.

Congratulations on doing your tabbed arrangement. It must have taken a lot of time.

Here's the rhythm tabs system (note & rest durations) used by Cham-Ber Huang
and other Chinese tabulators:

For notes and rests smaller than 1 count (one foot tap) in 4/4:

8th notes (2 per foot tap-say, "fas-ter"):   one line under the hole numbers;
16th notes (4 per foot tap-say, "Mis-si-sip-pi"):  two lines under the hole numbers;
32nd notes (8 per foot tap, "be-de-be-de-be-de-be-de"):  three lines under the hole numbers.

Best Regards

John Broecker
No, John, the typing didn't take much time once I converted the notes to the matching holes on the tremlo. I have drawn up a chart of my tremlos so I know which holes have the notes. When I write Tab on my cards I do use a system similar to the system you noted. However, I can't type lines under the numbers. It is a bit cumbersome to underline a number with 1 line but 2 or 3 not possible. Rest durations are OK as I can use the dash / for a 1 beat rest, 2 for 2 beats. Tabbing is after all just a guide for getting rhythm for a tune we have never heard. We can't expect to be too accurate, that's the job of music notation. Dots can represent note durations .. or .... and give an idea of rhythm.
Of course, I realize that the different note positions on different tremlos means that tabbing is for a particular keyed tremlo. But if tabbed in key of C it might be useful. Do you think.
I can't put dashes in the numbers because the common convention uses the dash to indicate draw note. At present underline or dashes in the lyrics might be a way to go but I'm finding it difficult to post the lyrics and numbers to match. Although I can do it on the computer they go haywire when posted. You have a G key ,could you get this tune?

(02-07-2015, 06:38 PM)markosz Wrote: Hi John
how you  implement  this in tablature can you give  me exemple
let me say  this I'm not familiar with this hymn so I wudnt know how to play this
I like very  much play along books I have audio and tablature this gives me idea how to play song I can use tabs on popular  songs and hymns like Amazing Grace

Markosz, I'm not sure what you mean by "implementing" this it tabulature. First you need to know where the holes listed are on your tremlo. Then read the number and go to the hole and blow or if there is a minus sign draw. You say you play from tabs in books so you know a bit. If you are asking how to write tabs then you need to be able to read music notation on sheet music. Then you need to know the note name for each hole in the tremlo. If you read the note G on the music, you go to the note G on the tremlo and that is the hole number to write in the tab. Of course that is putting it simply. If the music is in the key of eg F. You have to rewrite it . Transpose to say key of C. But first things first.
Hello, Dezzy and Markosz.

Dezzy: This tune is unknown to me, so I couldn't tab it.
I don't know the rhythms (note and rest lengths),
so tabs would be useless to us.

Here are a few free internet tools you may use to
help tabbing your tune:

http://www.musicstudents.com (you tab the tune,
the website plays it for you).

http://www.tinyurl.com/tabtool
(the Seydel tab tool)

http://www.harpingmidi.com
(converts midi to tabs or traditional music notation)

Markosz: I would have the same problem with learning
this tune as you and Dezzy .

Harmonica tablature is only useful when we already
know the tune. If the tune is unknown, tabs won't
help us.

Best Regards

John Broecker
Hi this link from Seydel don't work but the other links are fine great tools thank you
Hello, Markosz and Dezzy.

Yes, the email address I gave must be expired.

Here are new directions:

go to

http://www.seydel1847.de

Click on "Products e-shop" tab.

click on "Worth Knowing Info".

Click on "Tab Tool Online".

That works.

Best Regards

John Broecker
Last night i try this tool from Seydel this is exelent tool takes time to setup everything but you can change anything I change from Richter diatonic to chromatic
there is pdf file explaining everything very nice thank you
John, you wrote that you couldn't tab the song "Just A Prayer Away". I thought what I put on was Tabbed to use the tremlo holes. If a tune is unknown these tabs can help give an idea of note durations by dots after a note and pauses by / or // . As there were no eighth notes it was straight forward. Of course you can't get accurate, but with some rhythm in your heart it's possible to play a tune from Tabs. Many of us do. I'll try and sound Cloud it.
Hello does anyone know of a tool that can create tablature for me after I play mp3 file I have one Bruno Kowalczyk song from you tube I tab myself but I think program like this can do better job thx

Website Security Test