Easttop T2406S
Very busy this week (aren't we all?) but found a bit of time to record this quick demo tonight. This is not a review. That will come eventually. I do want to spend a bit of time with this harp first, and extra time has not been easy to find this month. I tried to play a variety of fast/slow/chords/single notes/high/low/middle, etc. No effects.

Demo has been deleted from my sound cloud site. The harp is no longer sold in the US.
Very nice, Rex.

The Easttop T2406S has an accordion/concertina
timbre, especially in the lower and mid-range.

Free reed musical instruments are great in folk music,
and that seems to be the style you are playing.

That's an excellent tone you are adding to the harp.

Happy Holidays

John Broecker
Rex.
Prior to you revealing the identity of the harps, I had already decided to vote for # 7, the Suzuki.
Funny thing though, I was rooting for #11.

Thanks for taking your time to give us this demo.

Terry
(12-28-2015, 01:07 AM)Rex Wrote: Here is a side by side comparison of the Easttop with another tremolo harmonica that is one step away from it. One harp is a C and one is a D. These harmonicas share a lot of notes in the same registers. I numbered the harmonicas so you can judge for yourself. At the end of the audio I tell which harp is which. There are no effects. Same mic used for all of the recording. Both harps were warmed up in my pocket for 5 minutes. Normally when recording with Audacity I use the noise reduction to remove any hiss or hum that my soundcard adds. This time I did not because I didn't want to alter anything. So there is some noise. I still have the Audacity file and can take the noise out if anybody want to hear it that way.

https://soundcloud.com/tremolo-rex/tremo...omparision

Written review will come. I am still improving at getting the best sound out of this harmonica, or perhaps the reeds are breaking in, or maybe a bit of both.

Nice thx
This harmonica was provided for me free of charge so that I could give some feedback on it. I have done that. I also appreciate the free harp. This happened very recently, after I had already mentioned the Easttop becoming available in other posts. I was selected to do this review because of my You Tube videos, not because of any posts I had made or planned to make.

Short review: Harmonica was functional out of the box, comfortable, and looks nice. The sound is not as good as a Suzuki tremolo.

Full review: Remember that this is just one harp reviewed by just one person. I do not know if this harp is typical. Also know that I really like my Suzuki harps so I may be biased.
The Easttop T2406S in D has nice looking chrome plated brass covers (tested them with a magnet and they are not steel). The covers are not as thick as a Suzuki Humming but are thick enough for a nice harmonica. The harp is comfortable to the hands and mouth. Covers are held on with barrel screws, also like the Humming, so there are no exposed screw threads or nut. The comb appears to be nice. Reed plates are held together with 18 screws, 2 rows of 9. More than sufficient. The case is nice. Spring loaded with metal hinges. No latch needed or provided. Stays open or shut on it's own.
The harmonica was playable right out of the box. The tremolo rate is very dry. Drier than the Suzuki, which is considered by many to have a dry tremolo. The reeds are welded on. The reeds on this particular harmonica had extensive tuning marks. The reeds on my Suzuki harps have minimal tuning marks which indicates they were very close to their target pitches when installed. This Easttop had drastic retuning done. Interestingly enough this is a higher pitched harp yet these reeds were all tuned down. The Easttop requires a steady breath force to get the best tone. In comparison the Suzuki can handle a wider range of breath force for a wider range of dynamics. The tuning on the Suzuki was more precise than on the Easttop. Chords sound better on the Suzuki. The Easttop could probably be adjusted for more tremolo, more accurate tuning, and nicer chords, but I made no changes. My Suzuki harps have had a few notes adjusted, but very few and the adjustments were tiny and only done to the bottom row to smooth out the tremolo rates.
This Easttop sounds best on tunes with vamping that can mask the tuning and tremolo rate problems. It also works well on fast tunes like Irish music were the notes are not held long enough for the tremolo rate to be noticeable. The tone has improved a bit since I first got it. I do not know if this is the harp breaking in or if it is me adapting better to this harp.
In my opinion the Suzuki is a better value. This is Easttop's top of the line model. If they sell a less fancy model at a lower price it might compare well in that market (against Swan or the Hohner Echo Celeste), however, I don't have anything to compare it to except Suzuki.
I did like the extended range of a 24 note tremolo. I didn't use the extra notes very often but it was nice to start a tune in the first octave if it needed a leading tone and also to have that low harmony note for chords or vamping in a tune in the first octave.
Hello
Today I was checking aliexpress.com I found that they have many different models of easttop tremolo harmonica
T2408 natural minor all key
T2406 no letter s black or sliver
Model 0066 any key
28 hole model 0083 any key
And 20$ model t2401
They also sell sets seven and twelve harmonica model t2406 but no reviews from people
Update on the Easttop tremolo:
Recently I got Andrew Zajac's basic tool kit which allows you to tune a tremolo harp without taking the reed plates off the comb. I finally got around to tuning the Easttop tremolo harp. It sounds MUCH better now. Since I have tuned this harp it is a joy to play and a useful part of my collection. I have a Suzuki that is a low D and a Seydel Sailor which is a standard D but it is Ricther tuned so notes are missing in the low octave. This Easttop has three octaves with no missing notes and is higher than the Suzuki. Since I have only one Easttop harp I do not know if the tuning issues were unique to this harp or if it is common with lower priced harps. I have had to tweak some reeds on my Suzuki harps, some when new and some after a few years when the reeds had fatigued a little. On this Easttop I had to tune a lot of reeds, but not by very much. Brand new it was tuned close enough to be playable but not good enough to sound as sweet as my other harps. Most of the tuning I did was to speed up the tremolo rates and make them consistent with neighboring notes, but there were some tweaks needed in the foundation row also.

Website Security Test