Hohner Echo 16 hole
Hi all.
I found online some tabs for tremolo but I think those are related to 24 hole tremolo harmonica. Should I follow the tab blowing and drawing the same holes. Have you any tables converting different tremolo harmonicas? ( 16 hole to 21 or 24 etc)
Thank you in advance
Luis
(11-23-2015, 08:25 PM)luisconde Wrote: Hi all.
I found online some tabs for tremolo but I think those are related to 24 hole tremolo harmonica. Should I follow the tab blowing and drawing the same holes. Have you any tables converting different tremolo harmonicas? ( 16 hole to 21 or 24 etc)
Thank you in advance
Luis

Hi Luis. I do not know of any such tables. However, I do believe the Hohner Echo harps are Richter tuned. That means they have a solo type scale in the middle octave, two chords in the first octave (blow and draw), and an upper octave that is flipped from the middle octave. Depending on how many notes you have on your model the upper octave may be shortened and the chords may also be shortened on the low end. Since it is based on Richter tuning you can use Richter harp tab to at least get the blow draw pattern correct. The numbers may or may not line up, but once you figure out where, for instance, +4 in Richter tab lines up with your particular harp then you can use that note as +4 even if it is not literally the 4th hole over on your harp. Richter harps have a blow and draw reed in each hole. On the tremolo the blow and draw alternate from hole to hole because there is only one reed per hole. I tend to pair up the reeds on the tremolo as a blow-draw pair, just like the Richter harps. But that may be because I learned on Richter harps. I play by ear mostly and you will also soon enough. But I did use Richter tab with my Asian system tremolo harps as a learning aid.
Peace,
Rex
Rex Wrote:However, I do believe the Hohner Echo harps are Richter tuned.

My double-sided G/C 64-reed Echo is definitley a Richter style remolo harp.
Each side compares to holes #2 - 9 of a standard diatonic in respective key.
You can play the V & V7 chords on lowest draw reeds; those chords are anchored on the root note (rather than lower 5th as with a 10-hole harmonica).

I have been using mine as an ersatz chord-harmonica , flipping it back and forth, for chordal back-up to bluegrass songs in G.

I thought that I read that the bigger Echos models are not Richter. - ???

Website Security Test