Seydel Mountain Harp
I have been busy practicing Ocarina a lot since I received on in the mail 10 days ago. I see some progress, but it's very slow progress. Anyways, during this time, needing a rest from this flute instrument, I have also managed to spent some time with my Seydel Mountain 80 hole tremolo. Wow. I had to make a trip into town this morning to Home Depot, about 18 mi. one way, took the Mountain 80 with me, and played all the way there and back. Fun fun fun.

I hadn't touched it for a month or so, but now have rediscovered the beauty of this tremolo. Everything about it says "stuff it in your mouth and blow and draw".

I remember J B telling me, probably 10 months ago, that a great tremolo player once told him that this was how it needed to be played.

I like it because it's solo tuned, as is another nice tremolo,the Huang Musette 24. It also begs to be stuffed in your mouth.

I am practicing Christmas carols to play on a senior church outing, and have decided the Mountain 80 will be the tremolo I use, to demonstrate my skill level, which is probably a 4 now. I am now 12 months into my harmonica career. Hopefully in 12 more months I'll move up to a 5. Since I am the teacher and grader, maybe I could grade on the curve.

Happy Holidays to all

Terry
Hello, Terry.

I also like the Seydel Mountain Harp.
I have a Seydel 96-reeds (3 octaves)
Mountain Harp.

It's a plastic comb, 2-sided (keys C-G),
with solo system reed placement. It weighs
approximately 7.25 ounces (about 200 grams).

It measures about 7 inches across (20 centimeters wide);
2.25 inches (5.75 centimeters) deep (front to back);
and is about 3/4ths of an inch height (1.9 centimeters).

I'm not a full-time tremolo harp player, so this is a great
harp for me. It's similar in reed placement to playing a
slide chromatic harp.

Best Regards

JB
John, l wanted a 96 reed Mountain, but Seydel or other retail outlets, didn't have any in stock at the time.
Hello, Terry.

If you are still interested in getting a new, 3-octave
Seydel Mountain Harp, try these sellers:

http://www.newharmonica.com (Danny G.)

http://www.seydelusa.com (Rupert Oysler)

I'm not an employee of any harmonica
manufacturer or distributor.

Best Regards

John Broecker
Hi John

While I wanted a 96 hole in the beginning, I am very happy with my 80 hole. I've never had a need for the extra holes. Perhaps in the future, especially if my 80 hole starts breaking down. Of course that could be awhile, because the Mountain is rock solid, as you so well know.

I still love my double sided Hering Vencedoras, especially for playing single notes, but the Mountain is more fun. One can just go plum crazy with it. I remember watching Jonathan (JEB) on a video playing like this sometime late last Nov. 2014. He appeared to be having some real fun, and I thought, "hey, that's me".

Every tremolo player needs a Mountain 80 or 96.

Hey John!!! Have a great day my friend.

Best Regards,

Terry
(11-19-2015, 01:33 PM)terryg Wrote: Hi John

While I wanted a 96 hole in the beginning, I am very happy with my 80 hole.  I've never had a need for the extra holes.  Perhaps in the future, especially if my 80 hole  starts breaking down.  Of course that could be awhile, because the Mountain is rock solid, as you so well know.  

The 96 is probably rather hefty ... could you still play it with one hand ? The idea is to keep one hand on the steering wheel ... at least I'd hope so.
Hello, Joe.

After playing a 3.5 pound octave bass harp,
a 3-octave diatonic tremolo weight 7.25 ounces
is a featherweight.

It's easy to play a 96-reed Seydel Mountain Harp
with one hand.

Playing any harmonica while driving a car is not
recommended, for safety reasons.

Best Regards

John Broecker
80 hole Mountain is fine for driving. Makes for a nice companion when driving alone.
Has anyone noticed that the Mountain Harp no longer appears on the Seydel website? Has it been discontinued?

That would be a calamity as it's the best (in my opinion) tremolo out there.

Mark
Does anyone know if Seydel has continued the Mountain Harp? For a long time it was listed on their website as "out of stock". Now it doesn't even show up on the website.

It's my favorite tremolo by far so I guess it's time to pick up some 'just in case' spares.

Mark

Website Security Test