Dezzy's Tabbing Chart
The attached chart is for Tremlo beginners to enable the conversion of the many Richter tuned diatonic Tabbed songs to be transposed to Tremlo Key C harmonicas.

There are many Tremlos with different note layouts, keys and hole numbers. So this chart is for Tremlos in the key of C. Many beginners start with only one Tremlo and in the Key of C.  And many of the tabbed diatonic songs would have been converted to the Key of C to avoid sharps and flats.

A beginner must know the name of the pair of notes in the Tremlo and be able to find the hole number for that note . This information is available from manufacturers web site or a printed graph enclosed with the purchase.  The Tremlo Forum can also help. If a tuner is available a manual Blow and Draw along the harp will reveal the note name.

Listening to the music makes the ear important. It enables us to put rhythm into the Tabs.  Experience players advocate learning by ear rather than Tabs.  But they have mastered the essential ear training and note reading which beginners lack.

At times a few bars of a song are difficult to grasp by ear and a beginner could take hours of blowing and drawing to find the notes.  The value of converting to Tremlo Tabs is that in a few minutes the beginner can be playing the tune.

The chart has been checked over a few times, but if anyone sees an error , write in and get it corrected.  Hope this chart helps someone to be quickly playing tunes

Dezzy

OK, I couldn't attach the Chart. I'll try again.  If I fail someone tell me how to attach a file. Thank

OK, I couldn't attach the Chart. I'll try again.  If I fail someone tell me how to attach a file. Thank

.pdf   TremTabs.pdf (Size: 374.12 KB / Downloads: 18) OK, I couldn't attach the Chart. I'll try again.  If I fail someone tell me how to attach a file. Thank
(08-29-2015, 01:30 AM)dezzy Wrote: The attached chart is for Tremlo beginners to enable the conversion of the many Richter tuned diatonic Tabbed songs to be transposed to Tremlo Key C harmonicas.

There are many Tremlos with different note layouts, keys and hole numbers. So this chart is for Tremlos in the key of C. Many beginners start with only one Tremlo and in the Key of C.  And many of the tabbed diatonic songs would have been converted to the Key of C to avoid sharps and flats.

A beginner must know the name of the pair of notes in the Tremlo and be able to find the hole number for that note . This information is available from manufacturers web site or a printed graph enclosed with the purchase.  The Tremlo Forum can also help. If a tuner is available a manual Blow and Draw along the harp will reveal the note name.

Listening to the music makes the ear important. It enables us to put rhythm into the Tabs.  Experience players advocate learning by ear rather than Tabs.  But they have mastered the essential ear training and note reading which beginners lack.

At times a few bars of a song are difficult to grasp by ear and a beginner could take hours of blowing and drawing to find the notes.  The value of converting to Tremlo Tabs is that in a few minutes the beginner can be playing the tune.

The chart has been checked over a few times, but if anyone sees an error , write in and get it corrected.  Hope this chart helps someone to be quickly playing tunes

Dezzy

Nice work!
Quite often middle C, also called C4, the note on the first ledger line below the staff, is shown as blow one, not blow 4 as it is shown in your table. I believe C4, or middle C, is blow one on a standard C harmonica. This is explained on this page, which uses the same notation as you did:
https://www.harptabs.com/displayfile.php?ID=21
See the note at the top of that chart.
When using blow 1 as C4 then the notes on the high end get very high above the staff and there are many ledger lines so it is hard to read. Either way is fine. Just be aware that you must transpose an octave if you put C4 on blow 4.

Here is a nice course that uses standard notation:
http://gatewayharmonicaclub.org/solo_tuned_1.pdf
It also has the notes transposed down an octave for ease of reading. So this is definitely OK to do. Other courses, however, show the notes as they actually are.
By the way, that Gateway course is for a solo tuned instrument. It is for people who will eventually move on to a solo tuned chromatic.

Good job, Dezzy. My comments are not in any way critical. I merely wanted to avoid confusion if somebody sees the other notation.
Yes, Rex, the main aim is to read a numeral tab and find it's letter named note. Then find that note on a Tremlo to find the number of the hole. It's simple really, but we seem to complicate it owing to so many layouts.

Website Security Test